perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jiří Pavlovský <j...@getnet.cz>
Subject Re: Safe handling of an SQL query
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:43:56 GMT
On 16.4.2012 15:55, Vincent Veyron wrote:

> My question is :
>
> Can I make sure that whatever query is sent to the server, it will only
> be a SELECT<...>  and _never_ a UPDATE or INSERT or DELETE
> ?

In addition to already mentioned approaches you could also have a look
at the "ReadOnly" attribute supported by DBI:

"       An application can set the "ReadOnly" attribute of a handle to a
true value to indicate that it will not be attempting to
        make any changes using that handle or any children of it.
"

--
Jiří Pavlovský