perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Vincent Veyron <vv.li...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: Safe handling of an SQL query
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 20:21:54 GMT
Le lundi 16 avril 2012 à 10:45 -0700, Bruce Johnson a écrit :
> I'm going to suggest going another direction...what you (and they) want are a BI system.
You can present a set of reports and the system provides for their ability to do ad hoc reporting
and such like.

> <http://www.softwareforenterprise.us/2009/12/21/list-of-top-open-source-business-intelligence-bi-software-solutions/>
>
> <http://www.pentaho.com/>
> <http://www.jaspersoft.com/>
> <http://www.icCube.com/>
>
> These sorts of things let the end user have at the data, but not in ways they can mess
anythign up, and with the proper DB design they won't get the wrong answers from their data...

Interesting, thanks.

I guess (in the message I forwarded to the list) Andreas is right,
though : the only way to be safe is to keep control of the query,
therefore keep it on the server.

I am doing this now, but passing parameters to the query becomes
cumbersome :-(

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/