perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "C. Jon Larsen" <jlar...@richweb.com>
Subject Re: Question about caching
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:57:17 GMT

Getting static assets (js, css, gfx) off your apache children is far more
important than anything else for scaling up to lots of concurrent users
IMHO. We use a pound load balancer to direct static reqs to nginx "cdn"
and all dynamic requests to apache backends.

Once you have that in place tuning the data access layer / SQL, server I/O
subsystem, network stack and OS is next most important.

Caching objects and templates would be maybe 3rd and 4th on the to-do
list but after all the above.