perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <>
Subject Re: apache 2.4.x and mod_perl 2.0
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:23:00 GMT
On 3/15/2012 2:17 PM, Torsten Förtsch wrote:
> IMHO, we should implement a compatibility function that maps
> remote_ip() to client_ip and provide the new structure members
> independently. Torsten Förtsch

I've got a production box setup now with 2.4.1 installed so I can play
with mod_perl if we need some testers to get a 2.4.X compatible version
out the door.

And yes, I think your compatibility function is a good idea for existing
code so you don't need to modify existing modules to replace
$c->remote_ip or $c->remote_addr for example (discussed off-list).

Though I think we might consider pushing to mod_perl 2.4.X for httpd
2.4.X and leave mod_perl 2.X for Apache 2.X.

Torsten, if you respond, let's take this to the dev list.

View raw message