perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dave Hodgkinson <daveh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: disabling directives in .htaccess files
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 17:16:58 GMT

On 10 Feb 2012, at 13:50, Aaron Knister wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately the setup isn't fronted by apache proxies. Having
an apache instance per site would, I think, be painful-- this is a personal web hosting setup
for 80,000+ individual sites (think mod_userdir).

And al these sites could load their own perl? Painful.

And PLEASE front the sites with a reverse proxy: squid, varnish whatever. If
not, you're opening yourself up to all kinds of badness. Mod_perl is an *app*
server, not a web server.

Please read Stas' chapter on performance tuning!

Chapters 9 and 10:

http://modperlbook.org/html/part2.html

And the others.