perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tuomo Salo <Tuomo.S...@cybercom.com>
Subject Re: disabling directives in .htaccess files
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:55:48 GMT
On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 08:50:21AM -0500, Aaron Knister wrote:

> this is a personal web hosting setup for 80,000+ individual sites (think mod_userdir).

I might be missing something, but does this not seem to be inherently
impossible? 80 kilosites sharing a perl interpreter that persists any
global variables from one request to another would seem to create any
number of problems that are near-impossible to debug, the typical ones
being name space collisions and module version conflicts.

  -Tuomo