perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jim Schueler <jschue...@eloquency.com>
Subject Re: Registry and CGI::Carp
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:11:02 GMT
There's no question or anything resembling a request in your email.  So my
response may waste a lot of time.

Is this your original post?
   http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=949773

If so, I might be able to help.

Admittedly, I can't follow the thread.  The PerlMonds responder refers to
a function set_progname().  But I can't figure out what that refers to.

However, in the third exchange, you referenced a problem I have some
experience with:  Apache::Registry executes the BEGIN{} block once, and
the END{} block repeatedly.  Fundamentally, the Perl specification expects
them to be balanced, and I'm still amazed at this shortcoming.  I wrote a
workaround that might get you over your hurdle.  Please check out
Apache::ChildExit.

I'm amazed that my solution wasn't generally adopted.  As you note, it
seems like this would be a pretty common scenario.  Give it a try, and
please let me know whether this solution gives you any traction.

Cheers!

  -Jim