perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Problem with long http request generation time - process restarting
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 18:41:45 GMT
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Randolf Richardson <randolf@modperl.pl> wrote:
>        I've been using DBI in threaded Perl environments for many years,
> and it works just fine for me.  I used Oracle 8i in the past on
> NetWare (with ModPerl 1 in a threaded environment because the NetWare
> OS is a thread-based architecture and Apache HTTPd and ModPerl were
> both compiled accordingly), but I switched to PostgreSQL many years
> ago so I'm not up-to-date with the more recent Oracle DBD issues...

I can't really suggest anything for the main question on this thread,
but I wanted to mention that mod_perl 1 only supported a single
thread, i.e. running on Windows means running one thread that all
requests had to line up for.  By contrast, mod_perl 2 runs multiple
threads so it may bring threading issues in CPAN libraries to light
where they didn't show up in mod_perl 1.

- Perrin