perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Mårten Svantesson <marten.svantes...@travelocitynordic.com>
Subject Re: Registry and mod_include - multiple invocations of a script in an SSI-parsed file
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 15:29:21 GMT
Hi Brett,

My guess is that you run into a problem of the CGI module not resetting itself between executions
of your code.

As a test you could try entering the line.

CGI::initialize_globals();

explicitly in your script before calling param().

2012-01-02 22:41, Brett Lee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First, thank you very much for your time & consideration of this problem,
>
> Have been trying to resolve an issue without success. The issue I'm seeing is that calling
the same script several times within a SSI-parsed file
> causes each invocation of the script to produce the same result even though different
results should be seen.

> To clarify, please find inlined below an example SSI-parsed file and script:
>
> <!-- file test.shtml -->
> <head></head>
> <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/test.cgi?count=5"-->
> <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/test.cgi?count=10"-->
> <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/test.cgi?count=30"-->
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
> # test.cgi
> use strict;
> use CGI qw(-compile :all);
> my $count = param('count');
> my $a = 0;
> print header;
> while ( $a < $count) {
> print ++$a;
> }
>
> When run from the default /var/www/cgi-bin/ directory, execution works as expected; results
are 1..5, 1..10 and 1..30. However, when the executable is

--
   Mårten Svantesson
   Senior Developer