perl-modperl mailing list archives

From kenichi ishigaki <kishig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could you help us test DBD::SQLite dev version?
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2011 06:01:27 GMT
Hi Vincent,

2011/11/5 Vincent Veyron <vv.lists@wanadoo.fr>:
> Le mercredi 02 novembre 2011 à 12:08 +0900, kenichi ishigaki a écrit :
>> could you help us test
>> DBD::SQLite under various environments with mod_perl? The simplest way
>> is to run "cpan -t ADAMK/DBD-SQLite-1.34_03.tar.gz" (or equivalents)
>> under your mod_perl environments and see if it passes all the tests.
>
> Hi Kenichi,
>
> On my EeePC
>
> debian 6.0.3
> Server version: Apache/2.2.16 (apache2-mpm-prefork)
> mod_perl2 2.000004
>
> All tests successful.
> Files=68, Tests=1584, 32 wallclock secs ( 2.15 usr  0.40 sys + 17.64
> cusr  1.81 csys = 22.00 CPU)
> Result: PASS

Thank you for testing.

> I noticed this :
>
> test reports:
> t/02_logon.t ................................ 1/37 #
> sqlite_version=3.7.8
>
> but :
> vincent@asus-1001PX:~/tmp$ sqlite3 -version
> 3.7.3

This is what is expected; we always use a bundled sqlite3 library (in
this case 3.7.8) instead of the one used in your system. There are
several reasons for this, but the most important one is to avoid
unexpected and hard-to-fix malfunctions due to version conflict, as
DBD::SQLite uses several sqlite3 apis which older sqlite3 library
(like the one installed in the CentOS) doesn't have.

However, until recently, we didn't take enough care of what was
actually used, and thus, when the older system sqlite was preloaded
(by mod_perl or mod_php etc), DBD::SQLite tried to use it and caused
obscure "not an error" error. The current developer release is to fix
this issue with the help of -Bsymbolic flag of gnu linker.

We have already learned that this option is not so portable and there
are systems that don't use gnu linker. We are still hoping that, under
such systems, there's no conflicting sqlite installed, or people don't
use mod_perl, but we don't know for sure, so we need kind testers.

Regards,

Kenichi Ishigaki