perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tosh Cooey <t...@1200group.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl EC2 AMI's or other platform providers?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:43:09 GMT
The point was, and is, that it's unfortunate that mod_perl developers
need to:

1) Build and optimize Apache.
2) Build and optimize MySql.
3) Build and optimize Perl+mod_perl.
4) Build and optimize a Linux server environment.
or
5) Have enough money to pay for all of the above.

Those are all roadblocks to development, much like your responses are to
this discussion.

My life would be a different experience if I could pay for six months of
your time whenever I wanted to create a new web application.

It would be nice to fire up a mod_perl stack somewhere (say EC2) and
then just modify startup.pl and install your required modules and go.

The dev world is moving away from requiring system administrators and
towards more PaaS'.

Tosh

On 7/5/11 10:48 AM, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

> [...]
you changed the subject from your first one, which is that I should build my own stack.

order to be a mod_perl developer one also needs to:

--
McIntosh Cooey - Twelve Hundred Group LLC - http://www.1200group.com/