perl-modperl mailing list archives

From greg.geo...@orica.com
Subject Re: How do you use mod_perl for your web application?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 00:59:00 GMT
Hi Fred,

I use mod_perl on a custom built framework written back in 2005
Performance of mod_perl has never been an issue, internal authenication
and network speed are more issues.
This runs on an intranet and services around 5000 users

Regards
Greg George

From:   Fred Moyer <fred@redhotpenguin.com>
To:     mod_perl list <modperl@perl.apache.org>
Date:   16/06/2011 02:01 PM
Subject:        How do you use mod_perl for your web application?

I'm interested in hearing about what application frameworks (Catalyst,
CGI::App, Mojolicious) are used here with mod_perl.  Given the number
of emerging Perl based webservers on CPAN (in addition to Nginx,
lighty, etc), it seems like there are many more Perl web application
and webservers out there now than there were five years ago.

I'll start.  I have a couple of Apache::Dispatch based applications I
wrote.  I also work on an Apache::ASP large codebase, and a couple of
different Catalyst based systems.  All are running on mod_perl 2.0.4
in production (the ops haven't upgraded to 2.0.5 yet).

If I were to migrate, I would probably try out something like
Mojolicious on Plack on mod_perl2.  Performance of mod_perl2 has never
been an issue to date, but I have Perlbal doing connection handling as
a reverse proxy.

This message is intended solely for the individual(s) and entity(s) addressed. It is confidential
and may contain legally privileged information. The use, copying or distribution of this
message or any information it contains, by anyone other than the addressee, is prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please notify postmaster@orica.com. The mailbox
address
from which this message has been sent is for business mail only. Mail sent to it may be subject
to security scanning and delivery on non-business messages sent to this address may not occur.

Thank you.