perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: How do you use mod_perl for your web application?
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:12:51 GMT
On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Rolf Schaufelberger <rs@plusw.de> wrote:
> We are using Mason 1.x,  a (little) modified version of MasonX::WebApp

Us too!  Glad to know someone else is using it.

> Currently,  I can use on Perl instance in all virtual hosts  or add  a separate instance
with +Parent for a virtual host. Yet , if I have  some virtual hosts running with version
A , some with Version B,  some with Version C  I have to add +Parent for each  vhost and
I,m running out of memory. So , I would like to make instance pools one for each version ,
and tell each vhost  just, which pool to use.

My approach to this problem would be to run separate httpd servers for
each version of the code you need to support and use a proxy in front
to do the dispatching.

- Perrin