perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Cees Hek <cees...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do you use mod_perl for your web application?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 01:58:29 GMT
On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Fred Moyer <fred@redhotpenguin.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in hearing about what application frameworks (Catalyst,
> CGI::App, Mojolicious) are used here with mod_perl.

We have a lot of code using CGI::App as well as a mix of in-house
custom frameworks (old legacy stuff that goes back 8 to 10 years).
All our apache/mod_perl servers sit behind three nginx boxes that do
caching, SSL offloading and content compression.  90% of what is
behind the proxies is running apache2/mod_perl2 (stock debian packages
for ease of maintenance), but there is still some apache1.3/mod_perl1
stuff hanging around too.

Some apps run through FastCGI, but the majority are mod_perl content
handlers or Registry scripts.

Cheers,

Cees