perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dave Morgan <dave.mor...@borealescapes.ca>
Subject Re: How do you use mod_perl for your web application?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 15:26:36 GMT
On 15/06/11 10:01 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
> I'm interested in hearing about what application frameworks (Catalyst,
> CGI::App, Mojolicious) are used here with mod_perl.

We currently support an open source corporate CMS called Metapoint
http://www.metapointcms.com (derived from Metadot, derived from
the original Redhat CMS) which runs on mod_perl 1.3 and mod_perl 2.0.x
without change

It is fully dynamic. supporting MySQL, Postgres, SQLLite and Oracle.
It easily integrates with external systems including VOIP and and
source control applications. It is easily extendible so that any
code can be called through wrappers in perl modules.

We do nothing fancy with mod-perl, everything is done with
Apache::Registry. We use a fair number of Apache modules, including
mod_deflate as Fred mentioned earlier.

In order to leverage other programmers work we have  spent a lot
of time looking at web frameworks and have a prototype running
under Catalyst. We will gradually port our code ( and clean up
a lot of crap) to Catalyst and I hope to be running on it
within a year.

Years ago we compiled apache, mod_perl and our other modules from
source but now we rely on the CentOS packages.

I really have no interest in perl webservers per se but I would like
to hear about other frameworks that may meet our needs.
Mojolicious appears to be a little underdeveloped for what we want
but I am willing to be corrected on this.

HTH
Dave

--
Dave Morgan