perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Peters <mpet...@plusthree.com>
Subject Re: How do you use mod_perl for your web application?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:15:43 GMT
On 06/16/2011 12:01 AM, Fred Moyer wrote:

> I'll start.  I have a couple of Apache::Dispatch based applications I
> wrote.  I also work on an Apache::ASP large codebase, and a couple of
> different Catalyst based systems.  All are running on mod_perl 2.0.4
> in production (the ops haven't upgraded to 2.0.5 yet).

We use CGI::Application on mod_perl 1.31 (I know, I know) with Apache 2
as a reverse proxy.

> If I were to migrate, I would probably try out something like
> Mojolicious on Plack on mod_perl2.  Performance of mod_perl2 has never
> been an issue to date, but I have Perlbal doing connection handling as
> a reverse proxy.

We're looking at migrating to PSGI. We actually plan to do a full
evaluation of backends (mod_perl2 vs Starman) and proxies (varnish,
lighttpd, nginx, apache2, perlbal) with SSL thrown in the mix too (some
proxies don't do SSL so we'll look at doing proxy + pound)

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP