perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tosh Cooey <t...@1200group.com>
Subject Re: Debugging a long process
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:13:07 GMT
I haven't tried Devel::NYTProf, but the blocking seems to have been the
keyword here...

root      2661  0.0  1.5  37900 27492 ?        Ss   Jun08   0:00
/usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
www-data  3875  0.0  1.3  37264 23300 ?        S    06:25   0:00
/usr/sbin/apache2 -k start
www-data  3882  3.9  8.7 395156 153644 ?       Sl   06:25   6:15
/usr/sbin/apache2 -k start

As you can see I've only got three Apache+mod_perl processes running,
which I suspect is causing the blocking issues since there aren't enough
processes being spawned to handle the incoming requests.

Oddly enough I used to have the problem that this application was
spawning too many processes, now I have the opposite problem.

Anyone have sweet spots for Apache settings running on an EC2 small
instance?

Thanks Fred!

Tosh

--