perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do you use mod_perl for your web application?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:30:13 GMT
----- Original Message ----

> From: Fred Moyer <fred@redhotpenguin.com>

Sigh.  The big win with mod_perl2 is you get to interface with the rest
of the C modules for httpd, often via subrequests.  At the ASF we've
been running mod_perl2 as our frontline mailserver for over 5y, and recently
I wrote an ASF-wide CMS with it that's gaining more and more users as
time goes on, in under 5K LOC.  Haven't seen the need for app frameworks
because most of my code is mod_perl2 specific- it just won't work in any
other webserver.