perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Hans Scharler <hschar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] mod_perl 2.0.5
Date Sun, 29 May 2011 19:56:47 GMT
Yes, the entire process restarts.

Here is the exact line:

ModPerl::Util::exit: (120000) exit was called at
D:/InterfaceServer/Perl/lib/CGI/Carp.pm line 561
[Sun May 29 05:25:10 2011] [notice] Parent: child process exited with status
255 -- Restarting.

It's a notice.

I did some further testing and found that it restarts and exits apache when
the application is printing to the browser. So, if you have a bunch of data
to send to the browser and the connection stops in the middle, it throws
the above error.

my $template = "Lots of data ..";
print $template;

Is there a better way to transfer lots of data to the browser?

This is where I was able to to track it down to. If I stop the browser
before it hits this print line, the "ModPerl::Util::exit(0)" works.

Thanks fro taking a look.

Hans