perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tom Kane <t.k...@mindspring.com>
Subject Ubuntu and mod_perl
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 20:39:40 GMT
I'm still a little new at responding to mail lists. Here is an email that I sent directly in
a reply to Marco. I thought that it should be shared:

Marco,

I had to do the following just the other day:

sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/libperl.so.5.10.1 /usr/lib/libperl.so

That got me over the hurdle that occurred because of the missing symbolic link to perl. I
also had to do the following:

sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3.0.0 /usr/lib/libgdbm.so

The libgdbm issue actually occurred prior to the perl problem.

I hope this helps. I am now trying to find the settings for mod_perl in the /etc/apache2 configuration.
My startup.pl file returns an error message that I can't use 'use'.

Tom