perl-modperl mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "James B. Muir" <James.B.M...@hitchcock.org>
Subject RE: libapreq2 build to /usr/lib64
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:56:01 GMT
I followed this lead earlier to today but it did not lead anywhere in this case. Thanks for
suggesting it.

Fortunately I did find the solution. I added --libdir=/usr/lib64 to the ./configure:

#!/bin/bash

cd /usr/local/src/libapreq2-2.13

env LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib64 -R/usr/lib64 -lexpat" ./configure --with-apache2-apxs=
/usr/sbin/apxs --enable-perl-glue --with-perl=/usr/bin/perl --libdir="/usr/lib64"

make &&
make test &&
make install

-James

-----Original Message-----
From: Randolf Richardson [mailto:randolf@modperl.pl]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:13 PM
To: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: libapreq2 build to /usr/lib64

> Hello,
>
> I am receiving the following message from Apache2 after installing libapreq2 and Apache2::Request:
>
> /usr/sbin/apachectl -t
> httpd: Syntax error on line 201 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /etc/
> httpd/modules/mod_apreq2.so into server: libapreq2.so.3: cannot open shared obje
> ct file: No such file or directory
>
> I think I'm getting this message because I'm having difficulties getting libapreq2 to
install to the /usr/lib64 directory. I'm running:
>
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 (Tikanga)
> Kernel 2.6.18-238.5.1.el5 on an x86_64
>
> Here is my build script:
>
> # cat hdrs_config_libapreq2.sh
> #!/bin/bash
>
> cd /usr/local/src/libapreq2-2.13
>
> env LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib64 -R/usr/lib64 -lexpat" ./configure --with-apache2-apxs=
> /usr/sbin/apxs --enable-perl-glue --with-perl=/usr/bin/perl
>
> make &&
> make test
>
> When I issue the "make install" libapreq2 is installed in /usr/lib/ rather than /usr/lib64
>
> # ls -lF /usr/lib/libapreq*
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 342366 Apr 28 10:43 /usr/lib/libapreq2.a
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    993 Apr 28 10:43 /usr/lib/libapreq2.la*
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     18 Apr 28 10:43 /usr/lib/libapreq2.so -> libapreq2.so
> .3.8.0*
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     18 Apr 28 10:43 /usr/lib/libapreq2.so.3 -> libapreq2.
> so.3.8.0*
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 204072 Apr 28 10:43 /usr/lib/libapreq2.so.3.8.0*
>
> So I think my build script needs something. What am I missing?
> -James

        I'm not sure if this is related, but on NetBSD a few months ago we
experienced a similar compile problem with pkgsrc.  If you search for
"wrapper" in the following web page, you'll see a solution that I
hope might help to provide some insight to a solution for you:

                Cannot compile www/p5-libapreq2 package
                http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=43385

        The work-around was to delete the package's "work/.wrapper/bin/cc"
and "work/.wrapper/bin/ld" files (so that the main/proper ones with
the OS are used?) between the "make" and "make install" commands.

        (The reason for the "p5-" prefix is to classify it as being a part
of Perl 5, as I understand it; this is still the full libapreq2
package though.)

Randolf Richardson - randolf@inter-corporate.com
Inter-Corporate Computer & Network Services, Inc.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
http://www.inter-corporate.com



IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE:

This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable
law.  If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and
notify the sender so that we may correct our records.

Mime
View raw message