perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Test failures when upgrading from 2.000004 to 2.000005
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:15:09 GMT
On Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:25:07 John O'Brien wrote:
> I have mod_perl 2.000004 and tried to upgrade to 2.000005

Could it be that you have upgraded not only modperl but also LWP to
something 6.xx?

The point is LWP 5.xx used HTTP/1.0. LWP 6.xx has silently switched to
HTTP/1.1. There is currently no easy way (afaik) to have LWP 6 use
HTTP/1.0. Further, LWP 6 still seems quite buggy to me.

Some of our test suite (and also the httpd framework) depends on LWP
performing HTTP/1.0 calls. So, for the time being I'd recommend going
back to LWP 5.

modperl trunk should work with LWP 6.00. Some of the changes to make it
work were quite ugly. So, if someone wants a small project to contribute
improving the current state and fixing the bugs in LWP would be a good
thing.

We need for Apache::TestRequest:

- a simple way to switch between HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/1.0 (with HTTP/1.0 as
default). See also (for half of a very ugly solution)

  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/apache/dev/398087#398087

- a way to fetch response headers that contain underline characters (_)
as well as minus characters (-).

- should work with LWP 5 and LWP 6

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net