perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Kim Goldov <kgol...@gmail.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache2::AuthAny
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:52:01 GMT
I’ve created a module we are calling Apache2::AuthAny. The module utilizes
other authentication modules or internal code, and provides a single “GATE”
page where the end user can choose between authentication mechanisms.
AuthAny currently provides login to the “Distribute System”, which is used
to collect and disseminate influenza surveillance data. The authentication
mechanisms used for Distribute include Google, Shibboleth, and HTTP
authentication. Logout is supported for all mechanisms, including HTTP
authentication which is not normally possible.

We would like to release Apache2::AuthAny on CPAN. I’m posting to this list
per CPAN guidelines. Please respond if you have concerns about the
namespace, would like to review the code, or have suggestions of any sort.
Further documentation and a demo is currently running at
https://authany.cirg.washington.edu.

Kim