perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Clément OUDOT <>
Subject [mp2 ] Request output filters and directories
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:43:07 GMT
Hi all,

I am one of the developer of LemonLDAP::NG (,
a free WebSSO using mod_perl. So to begin, thanks to the mod_perl team
for this great product!

In our code, we are injecting request output filters with the
add_output_filter method. This works well, but we noticed that the
filter is never called on directories, only on files:
* -> filter not called
* -> filter called

I use ModPerl 2.0.4 for my tests. My Apache configuration is the following:

<VirtualHost *:80>

    # SSO protection
    PerlHeaderParserHandler My::Package

    # DocumentRoot
    DocumentRoot /usr/local/lemonldap-ng/htdocs/test/
    <Directory /usr/local/lemonldap-ng/htdocs/test/>
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
        Options +ExecCGI

    # Perl script (application test is written in Perl)
    <Files *.pl>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry

    # Directory index
    <IfModule mod_dir.c>
        DirectoryIndex index.html

Can this behaviour comes from the DirectoryIndex and mod_dir?

Thanks for your help,

Clément OUDOT.

View raw message