perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: robots.txt with httpd and root level SetHandler perl-script
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:34:49 GMT
On Monday, March 14, 2011 14:53:35 André Warnier wrote:
> >   I'd like to have a robots.txt on a site that has the following apache
> >
> > httpd config:
> >
> >   <Location />
> >      SetHandler perl-script
> >      PerlHandler RT::Mason
> >     </Location>
> >

> > But if I install a robots.txt to the DocumentRoot and test it via wget I
> > just download the front page of the site, as its handled by perl-script.
> > It it possible to have a robots.txt in this situation?
> >

> > thanks for any tips, Andy.
> >

> Ideas :
> 1) Try a <FilesMatch ^robots\.txt$> section inside the above section, to
> reset the handler  to the default Apache (that may not be so easy)

SetHandler None            (imho)

> 2) Create a Mason handler to handle the URL "robots.txt" and return the
> file "as is"

or instead of the Location block:

PerlMapToStorageHandler "sub {                    \
  use Apache2::Const -compile=>DECLINED;          \
  use Apache2::RequestRec ();                     \
  use Apache2::RequestUtil ();                    \
  unless( $_[0]->uri eq '/robots.txt' ) {         \
    $_[0]->add_config(['SetHandler perl-script',  \
                       'PerlHandler RT::Mason']); \
  return Apache2::Const::DECLINED;                \
}"

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net