perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Thomas den Braber" <tho...@delos.nl>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] mod_perl 2.0.5
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:50:08 GMT

> Has anyone tried 2.0.5 on Windows?

Yes I have compiled it with VC2010 and Activestate Perl 5.10.1 Build 1007.
It works fine I have worked with it for a couple of days now.
I have tested with Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 2003 all working fine.

> 	I find that running ModPerl on Windows generally works well until
> Perl scripts are changed frequently (and using the Reload module),
> and then Apache HTTPd will either stop responding or just crash out
> (especially if PerlMagick is in the mix).  I wonder if this might be
> an OS-specific problem thought since my Unix servers just don't
> exhibit these symptoms.

I use reload all the time it worked OK for most modules but some modules
(at least the ones that use "use base 'modulename';" ) will have problems.
The good thing is that on Windows 7-64bit and 2008R2-64bit, the start and
stop of apache is much faster then on the old 32 bit systems (Win2003, XP)

---
Thomas den Braber