perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "James B. Muir" <James.B.M...@hitchcock.org>
Subject POST method and PerlAuthenHandler
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:08:24 GMT
Hello,

I am writing a perl authentication module for Apache2 that must inspect some request parameters
before authorizing the requestor and forwarding the request to a tomcat server via mod_jk.

With the GET request method this is easy, I can inspect the parameters using $r->args and
forward the request.

With the POST request method I can READ the request body, but it appears that the request
body is removed from the request and is not forwarded to tomcat via mod_jk. Is this correct?

How do I inspect POST request parameters without modifying the request?

I know there must be a standard way to do this kind of thing but I have been unable find the
answer after several hours of reading.
Thank you for your help.
-James

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE:

This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and
notify the sender so that we may correct our records.