perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tosh Cooey <t...@1200group.com>
Subject Re: I think AuthCookie(DBI) is causing segfaults?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:38:58 GMT
Hi Tuomo, thank-you that was really helpful.

I'm running prefork it seems.  Here's the list if that's helpful:
   core.c
   mod_log_config.c
   mod_logio.c
   prefork.c
   http_core.c
   mod_so.c

Also perhaps helpful is that I'm on Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty with the latest
libdbd-mysql-perl 4.008-1 which was a pain in the a55 to install and was
only done because doing a CPAN install of DBD::mysql seemed all but
impossible on this server.

And again, this ONLY happens when the application has not made any MySQL
requests for a few hours, or possibly when I restart the MySQL server
but I can't confirm this as consistent.

The "fix" is to hit the server until all the old child processes have
crashed and then new ones are spawned, usually only about six processes,
then everything works fine until the next time.

Tosh

--
McIntosh Cooey - Twelve Hundred Group LLC - http://www.1200group.com/