perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Chris Bennett <ch...@bennettconstruction.biz>
Subject Considering using Perl Sections
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 20:47:07 GMT
A while back I realized the futility of using a single httpd.conf after
having many errors due to not repeating things correctly in SSL section
and the long length of the file.
I broke  it up into a httpd.conf, mod_gzip.conf, a global SSL.conf and a
conf file (and SSL version if needed) for each virtual host.
Right now that is a total of 13 conf files.
I like being able to diff the two versions for each virtual host to look
for errors.

Right now I am using Apache::AuthCookie to protect a variety of
locations, but that is making things complicated again.

At this point, should I break the AuthCookie sections out into confs for
each virtual host using it, learn to use Perl Sections, or something
different? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Chris Bennett