perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Douglas Sims <ratsb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: request length global variable
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:31:26 GMT
I've struggled with wanting to use globals too, but it's not the functional
way.  Our current approach is to create a parallel request object and pass
that through all of the function calls.  We set a member of the parallel
request object to the actual Apache request object.  Something like this:

$s->new Session($r, $dbh);

and then in Session,

sub new {
  ($class, $self->{REQUEST}, $self->{DBH})=@_;

and then later

DoStuffWithRequest($s);

It might be neater to just override the Apache request object.