perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jiri Pavlovsky <j...@getnet.cz>
Subject Re: Apache::DBI connect_on_init problem
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:09:24 GMT
On 17.4.2010 22:22, Chris Bennett wrote:
> On 04/17/10 14:27, Jiri Pavlovsky wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to prestart db connection. But Apache::DBI->connect_on_init
>> is not working. Gives no error, but db connection is not made.
>> Setting $Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2 indicates that ChildInitHandler runs.
>>
>> I tried to create my custom ChildInitHandler and start db connection
>> from it but it also has no effect.
>> It also seems as if the handler was silently aborted after the connect
>> call.
>> I inserted debugging print before and after the connect call. In the
>> Postgres log I can see a connection made and immediately terminated.
>>

>> So now I'm quite helpless as what to do.
>>

> I use Apache::DBI and connect_on_init.
> What are your full details? Using startup.pl?
> what values for initial connection?

Hello,

my start-up.pl below. I try to setup two connections.

In Apache log I see several lines like:
13121 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
13121 Apache::DBI             push PerlChildExitHandler

No errors. But in Postgres log I can see several very short connections
as the first user. So maybe it is connecting and then it quits?

Thats all I could find out.

Thanks

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use Apache::DBI;

$Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2;

DBI->install_driver("Pg");

   Apache::DBI->connect_on_init("dbi:Pg:dbname=p69",
     "user",
     "pass",
     {
       PrintError => 1, # warn() on errors
       RaiseError => 0, # don't die on error
       AutoCommit => 1, # commit executes immediately
       pg_enable_utf8 => 1,
     }
   );

   Apache::DBI->connect_on_init("dbi:Pg:dbname=p69",
     "another",
     "pass",
     {