perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Brad Van Sickle <bvs7...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl in larger scale environments
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 00:17:39 GMT
What are you guys using to cluster the LVS servers?  Is that
functionality native to LVS?

Also, I've come across "fastcgi" a lot in researching this and I'm
having trouble understanding exactly what it is.

The fastcgi website makes it sound like it's almost a mod_perl
replacement and another approach to executing perl code in a web
environment, however a lot of the webservers that implement fastcgi keep
referring to it almost like it's a protocol that proxy servers use to
talk to their back end app servers...  I'm a bit confused about what it
is, what situations it's used in, and if it provides me any benefit if
I'm already married to mod_perl.

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask this question, but can
someone clarify this for me?