perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foert...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: non-stop generational modperl config update strategies?
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:55:13 GMT
On Wednesday 21 April 2010 17:19:22 Perrin Harkins wrote:
> 2010/4/21 Torsten Förtsch <torsten.foertsch@gmx.net>:
> > no, MMapDB creates read-only variables that reference the mmapped block.
> > It manipulates SvPVX directly
>
> Very interesting!  I'll have to try it out as a storage backend for CHI.

One really cool thing I have just recently thought about would be an interface
to get the file offsets of a value. Then one could create file buckets with
$r->sendfile($filename, $offset, $len);. Even better would be a perl interface
to ap_send_fd to circumvent the filename=>filedescriptor race condition.

It itches me to implement that but ENOTIME.

Torsten Förtsch

Like fantasy? http://kabatinte.net