perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Robert Smith <spamf...@wansecurity.com>
Subject [PerlMapToStorageHandler] Basic URI to File translation example
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:32:13 GMT
PerlMapToStorageHandler

I would like to use the PerlMapToStorageHandler to translate a URI file request into a Filesystem
file request. I have a couple functions to check and see if a file exists, and if not, then
copy it from a remote server locally before allowing the request to go to the next phase.

Basic gist of what I want to handle in the PerlMapToStorageHandler is:

1) Client makes a request to server for /package_20.zip

2) My handler:
	gets the filename from the URI (no problem here)
	maps the filename to a real file on the file system
	checks to make sure the file exists

			File does not exist:
				copy file from another location to destination
				properly MapToStorage, and let the next phase take place

			File exists:
				properly MapToStorage, and let the next phase take place

3) Client receives file