perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: Upgrading chained response handlers to mod_perl2
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:11:37 GMT
Iain Kennedy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a data structure that gets passed to each response handler in
> the chain that the processed file can be stored in (like $f->ctx)?
>
> Can the old mod_perl1 ->filter_input behaviour be done by manipulating
> the input_filter or output_filter stacks?
>
> Is what I'm trying to do vaguely sane, even? With the following directive:
>
> PerlResponseHandler +Module::Test1 +Module::Test2

I'm not sure, but i don't think you can really do that in mp2, i think
you need to read about how filters work in mp2, then do something like

PerlResponseHandler Module::Test1
PerlOutputFilter Module::Test2

where Module::Test2 has been rewritten using the filter API.  Geoff
Young gave a talk about filters at an apachecon many moons ago that i
found particularly helpful, you can still find the slides here:

http://www.modperlcookbook.org/~geoff/slides/ApacheCon/2006/mp2_filters-printable.pdf.gz

> Having both Test1 and Test2 process the HTML response body in turn with
> mod_perl1 was pretty straightforward. I reckon I must be missing
> something pretty obvious, surely?
>
> Iain

HTH,

Adam