perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Max Kanat-Alexander <mka...@bugzilla.org>
Subject [mp2] Apache2::SizeLimit should be using $s->rss, not $s->size for Linux::Smaps
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 21:58:13 GMT
	All of my processes kept exiting with a report that they had a 300M
unshared size, which was clearly untrue, even from looking at top. After
some investigation, I discovered that Apache2::SizeLimit was calling
$s->size on the Linux::Smaps object, when instead it should be returning
$s->rss as the process size.

	Attached is a one-line patch to fix the issue.

	Also, if you're interested in proof that this is right, I've attached a
short .cgi file that you can load under mod_perl, with Linux::Smaps
installed, to see process sizes and the return values of all of the
Smaps accessors.

	-Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.