perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Alex Aminoff <amin...@nber.org>
Subject Re: intermittent segfaults, ssl?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:52:15 GMT

We had a very similar problem. After a lot of effort trying to track down
the source, we believe we isolated it to a line of perl code that
incorrectly sets $/ without localizing it.

mod_backtrace showed that the problem seemed to be happening in

  modperl_perl_global_request_save

Here is the thread that suggested the fix that worked for us:

  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/100066

Here is the thread we posted, not actually any more informative:

  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/100842

The proof is in the pudding. After fixing the line with $/, we went from
dozens of seg faults per hour to none.

   - Alex Aminoff
     BaseSpace.net
     National Bureau of Economic Research (nber.org)