perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Boysenberry Payne <boysenbe...@habitatlife.com>
Subject Re: Getting DBI working during the server life cycle
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 06:34:30 GMT
I wasn't sure how to do the path mentioned in the link so I just manually edited the Apache::DBI
file and added the eval around the line requesting Apache2::RequestRec and it seems to work
now.
Thanks for the heads up.  All of the literature I have mentions Apache::DBI for use with mod_perl.
I did look at DBI::Class as the Apache::DBI author mentioned, but I would rather use Apache::DBI
and do the class structure myself.

Seems like an easy enough thing to patch into Apache::DBI to avoid these head aches, wonder
why the author isn't?

Thanks again,
Boysenberry Payne

On Jan 23, 2010, at 9:34 PM, Adam Prime wrote:

> Boysenberry Payne wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I'm trying to connect to my postgresql database using the DBI -> Apache::CBI ->
DBD::Pg combination of modules.
>> I'm having trouble understanding Apache::DBI usage as it pertains to https pre request
server life cycle, in particular during the OpenLogs stage.
>> My trouble comes from an error I'm getting from DBI:
>> Global $r object is not available. Set:
>> 	PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
>> in httpd.conf at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/Apache/DBI.pm line 144.
>> So, obviously, the Apache::RequestRec object hasn't been globalized because it's
before the request stage (the child processes haven't even been forked yet.)
>> If I use DBI in my startup.pl file first, no problems, but Apache::DBI says to have
it load before DBI to use the persistent connections it offers, thus my dilemma.