perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "cfaust-dougot" <cfa...@doyougot.com>
Subject RE: Apache Blank Pages
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:28:37 GMT
It's prefork

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/4.4.4-8+etch6 mod_apreq2-20051231/2.6.0 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8

I've isolated the problem, you guys will say I'm crazy but I can reproduce the results over
and over again.

If I try to connect to a DB in that 2nd virtual host I have the problem. If I make no connection
then there is no problem. Also if I connect to the same DB that the 1st virtual host does,
then there is no problem. It's only when I try to connect to another DB that the problem comes
into play.

That makes no sense to me, but I've been able to reproduce it 8 different times without fail.

This problem started when I updated DBI and DBD:mysql to the latest version, although I can't
see where the conflict is as I have the latest versions running on other machines without
any issues.

It's really bizarre!!

________________________________

From: ??? [mailto:chenjch@maxthon.net]
Sent: Wed 1/13/2010 7:08 AM
To: cfaust-dougot
Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Blank Pages

what is your apache's mpm? worker or prefork?

Our site sometimes also rise similar error(like glibc detected ... in error log ) under worker
mpm.

??? | ChenJianchun
??Web???
E-mail: chenjch@maxthon.net

Maxthon® --?????????!         ???????!
??????????(??) <http://www.maxthon.cn/>  | www.maxthon.cn <http://www.maxthon.cn/>

???????????!

cfaust-dougot ??:

	Hello,

	I have a bizarre problem I'm hoping someone could give me some suggestions with.

	I have a couple of MP2 scripts running on a server, they are both similar in use of modules
and structure. Without any recent changes, one of the scripts is producing a blank apache
page on SOME requests.

	It's not always the same function, it can happen to any of the function calls contained in
the script.

	When the blank page happens there is nothing in either the access log or the error log of
that virtual host (like the request never made it that far).

	In the default error log I will get something like

	[notice] child pid 11497 exit signal Aborted (6)

	Sometimes (but not always), I'll see

	*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x09c120f8 ***

	There is also no consistency to the blank page, sometimes you hit the URL and you get the
content, sometimes you get a blank page, sometimes 1 refresh on the blank page gives you content,
other times it can take 3 - 7 refreshes before the content comes.

	I've been trying to pull apart my script piece by piece in the hopes that I could at least
narrow it down to some specific section but I'm not having a lot of luck.

	Any thoughts on how I could debug this better?

	TIA!