perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Boysenberry Payne <boysenbe...@habitatlife.com>
Subject Getting DBI working during the server life cycle
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 03:24:14 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to connect to my postgresql database using the DBI -> Apache::CBI -> DBD::Pg
combination of modules.
I'm having trouble understanding Apache::DBI usage as it pertains to https pre request server
life cycle, in particular during the OpenLogs stage.
My trouble comes from an error I'm getting from DBI:

Global $r object is not available. Set:
	PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
in httpd.conf at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/Apache/DBI.pm line 144.

So, obviously, the Apache::RequestRec object hasn't been globalized because it's before the
request stage (the child processes haven't even been forked yet.)
If I use DBI in my startup.pl file first, no problems, but Apache::DBI says to have it load
before DBI to use the persistent connections it offers, thus my dilemma.

So, what do I do?

-bop