perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jason Sonnenschein <js...@umich.edu>
Subject mod_perl precompiling help
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 23:47:03 GMT
Hello all,

We're running a perl-based web application and not seeing any speedups
running under mod_perl.

I have a startup file that is attempting to precompile much of the code
by using require for some files that are required in scripts, use for
others that are perl modules, and many scripts are preloaded with this code:

my $rlbb = ModPerl::RegistryLoader->new(package =>
'ModPerl::Registry',debug   => 1);
foreach $pre (@preload_script) {
     $rlbb->handler("/mod_perl/$pre", "${fp_cgi}/$pre");
     $rlbb->handler("/MRcgi/mod_perl/$pre", "${fp_cgi}/$pre");
}

I can see in the mod perl status page that they are in fact
precompiled.  The scripts show up in the status page " Compiled registry
scripts grouped by their handler" and the requires show up in
PerlRequire'd Files.  But the scripts actually run slower when I turn
mod_perl on than when it is off.  Is there something I'm doing wrong
here? </perl-status?script>

Thanks,

Jason