perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <jvana...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: apache 2 reloads needed?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:54:10 GMT

On Nov 3, 2009, at 4:27 AM, André Warnier wrote:

> I see that you mention mysql.  This probably means DBI.
> I think you need to be a bit careful with DBI and Apache::Reload.  I
> seem to recall that there are some particularities there
> (Probably in relation to permanent cached database connections).
>
> In any case, I believe Apache::Reload is OK for a development
> server, but on a production server this is probably not very
> efficient.
> There is no free lunch : if you ask the server to monitor certain
> things and do something in case of change, then that has a cost.

re: databases-- you should be fine as long as you use Apache::DBI.  if
you're not, then I don't recall.

Apache::Reload and Apache::DBI for mod_perl handler applications work
perfect during development.  I've never made a registry app, so can't
comment on that.

Apache::Reload shouldn't be used on production; however its
indispensable during development.