perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: code in <perl> sections executed twice in same process?
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 22:41:29 GMT
E R wrote:

> Is this "normal", and what can I do so that the code in <Perl>
> sections is only executed once in the parent process?

I believe it is "normal", in the sense that Apache actually parses its
configuration at least twice : one time "just for checking", then it
throws everything away and parses it a second time "for real".

Then it will even (probably) run your section again, each time it starts
a new child process.

You probably really want to read the following 2 pages :
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/config/custom.html