perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Artem Kuchin <mat...@itlegion.ru>
Subject Re: DBI Connectons accumulate under Mod_perl
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:10:26 GMT

Perrin Harkins:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Artem Kuchin <matrix@itlegion.ru> wrote:
>
>> Nope, i don't use those. Just plain DBI. Parent process does not open up any
>> connections.
>>

> This is getting really confusing because two of you are on this thread
> with completely different problems.
>
> Artem, if you aren't using Apache::DBI and your connections are
> building up, it means you're keeping the connections around in a
> global or closure variable and not calling disconnect.  Since you
> aren't using something to keep your connections persistent, you should
> call disconnect at the end of every request.  You should also look at
> your code to see if you put $dbh in a global somewhere.
>
> - Perrin

I am the original poster. Someone else has stolen my thread.
Anyway.
I AM calling disconnect  and the thing is wrapped in
sub handler {
    my $db=...

    $db->disconnect();
}

So, everything goes out of scope when handler finishes. I made it so to
play nice with mod_per. NO globals
at all.

The apache run two site with such code. One site does not have a problem
another builds up the connection.
It might be related to windows (it is all under windows and i never had
such problem under freebsd).

Artem