perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Swartz <swa...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: double mod_perl initialization
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:54:06 GMT
On Sep 25, 2009, at 10:48 AM, Clinton Gormley wrote:

>> If I don't ever plan to use graceful restarts, and I believe that
>> smaller restart times are an unqualified Good, is there any reason
>> why
>> I shouldn't ALWAYS use a script like the above? And is there any way
>> to avoid PerlModule modules from being loaded twice?
>
> I do something pretty similar. I do the double load on 'start', single
> load on 'restart', and I don't load the app on 'stop' / 'graceful-
> stop'.

Ok, one more question. Disregarding graceful for the moment - is HUP
completely reliable with mod_perl at this point, or is there still a
reason (as there once supposedly was) to do a full server stop and
start?

I've been doing stop and start reflexively for years. If it's
unnecessary, I wish I could have those seconds back. :)

Jon