perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Cosimo Streppone" <cos...@streppone.it>
Subject Re: Ways to scale a mod_perl site
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:43:50 GMT
Jeff Peng <jeffpeng@mindspring.com> wrote:

> How many servers?
> We have run the systems with about 500 million PV each day, with many
> squid boxes + 200 apache webservers + 200 mysql hosts.
> The applications were written with FastCGI.

Wow! Why don't you tell or blog a bit about this?
I would love to know more about what challenges
you went through.

Maybe someone else has also stories to tell.

At Opera Software, our team works on a social network website,
and we currently serve 2 million page views per day peak,
with something around 700,000 unique visitors per day peak,
and ~120M hits per day with under 20 servers.

Those include database servers, apache fronts,
mod_perl backends, varnish/memcached caches, upload servers,
cronjobs/mail, etc...

For the curious:
http://www.slideshare.net/cstrep/myoperacom-scalability-v20

And yes, we're looking for ways to optimize/scale better
our application, since we're growing more and more... :-)

--
Cosimo