perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Igor Chudov <ichu...@gmail.com>
Subject Updating cookies in header during request processing
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:14:43 GMT
I was very excited by the suggestion to use cookies to store the entire
session information, and to keep it safe by means of base64 encoding and MD5
hash with a secret salt, for storing session information securely on the
client.

I realized that there is something I am missing. Sometimes I may need to put
something into the session after I did $cgi->start_html. I can do it if the
cookie is only a session ID, with session data stored in mysql.

But how can I change the cookie AFTER I called $cgi->start_html?

If I can do that, I think that I am set to go.

thanks

Igor