perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Ihnen, David" <dih...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: Why people not using mod_perl
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:17:01 GMT
Perhaps it could in some portion be quantified as "The ability to think about a program without
the ide/language structure suggesting paths for you".

The possibilities are infinite.  I can imagine that would be a problem for many.

David

From: Igor Chudov [mailto:ichudov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:22 PM
Cc: mod_perl list
Subject: Re: Why people not using mod_perl

Just to add a little bit.

In my experience, perl programming requires a certain type of mind. I cannot define it very
precisely, but not everyone can "think in perl". Those who can, basically, have a huge advantage
over those who cannot, but that naturally limits perl adoption somewhat. I think that more
people can think in java than in perl.

I would hope that as long as use of perl is substantial, it will remain a viable platform
that I can enjoy and use to live and make money. I do not care if perl is "very popular",
or just "popular", I will be happy as long as it is "viable".

Igor