perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <phark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: planning an upgrade to Perl 5.10.1 and mod_perl
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 18:06:48 GMT
Hi Mark,

> The 'relocation' feature of Perl 5.10 has made it clear and easy to have a 5.10
> install parallel to a 5.8 install.

This was always pretty easy.  I've had boxes with half a dozen
different 5.8 installs on them for special purposes.  You just need to
specify a path when you install perl.

> Would it mostly be as easy as re-compiling Apache with the same "configure"
> arguments, but a different "--prefix" ?

You also need to install mod_perl for each perl install.  You can do
that just by running the appropriate CPAN shell or /path/to/perl
Makefile.PL for each one.  You will need to give it the path to the
correct apache as well, IIRC.  This stuff is baked into the Krang
installer if you want an example.

- Perrin