perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Phil Carmody <thefatp...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Why people not using mod_perl
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:59:31 GMT
--- On Thu, 9/17/09, Igor Chudov <ichudov@gmail.com> wrote:
> My site algebra.com is about 80,000
> lines of mod_perl code.
>
> I wrote a relatively large framework, with many homegrown
> perl modules, about five years ago.
> It uses a database, image generation modules, a big
> mathematical engine that I wrote (that "shows
> work", unlike popular third party packages), etc.
>

> All pages of my site are dynamic and it is very image heavy
> due to math formulae.
>
> I can say two things:
>
> 1) It is relatively fast, serving pages in 0.1 seconds or
> so
>
> 2) Despite the quantity of code, and its age, it is still
> very maintainable and understandable (to me).

In that case, would you like to fix its mangled output?

e.g. http://www.algebra.com/algebra/homework/divisibility/Prime_factorization_algorithm.wikipedia

  (Redirected from Prime factorization algorithm)

faster than O((1+ε)b) for all positive ε

an integer M with 1 ≤ M ≤ N

Pollard's p − 1 algorithm

Section 4.5.4: Factoring into Primes, pp. 379–417.

Chapter 5: Exponential Factoring Algorithms, pp. 191–226. Chapter 6: Subexponential
Factoring Algorithms, pp. 227–284. Section 7.4: Elliptic curve method, pp. 301–313.

Eric W. Weisstein, “RSA-640 Factored”

v • d • e

AKS · APR · Ballie–PSW · ECPP · Fermat · Lucas · Lucas–Lehmer
· Lucas–Lehmer–Riesel · Proth's theorem · Pépin's · Solovay–Strassen
· Miller–Rabin · Trial division

Sieve of Atkin · Sieve of Eratosthenes · Sieve of Sundaram · Wheel factorization

CFRAC · Dixon's · ECM · Euler's · Pollard's rho · P − 1 · P + 1 ·
QS · GNFS · SNFS · rational sieve · Fermat's · Shanks' square forms · Trial
division · Shor's

Ancient Egyptian multiplication · Aryabhata · Binary GCD · Chakravala · Euclidean
· Extended Euclidean · integer relation algorithm · integer square root · Modular
exponentiation · Schoof's · Shanks-Tonelli

Looks like you've got utf8 and iso8859-1 messed up.

Phil